Frequently Asked Questions:
What is your cancellation policy?
We understand that unanticipated events happen occasionally in everyone’s life. Business meetings, project deadlines, flight delays, car problems, snowstorms, and illness are just a few reasons why one might consider cancelling an appointment. In our desire to be effective and fair to all of our clients and out of consideration for our therapists’ time, we have adopted the following policies:
- 24-hour advance notice is required when cancelling an appointment. This allows the opportunity for someone else to avail themselves of our services.
- If you are unable to give us 24 hours advance notice, or are a “no show”, you will be charged a $40 cancellation fee for each ½ hour visit. We are unable to bill insurance for this fee. If you are or your child is sick, a letter from your or your child’s physician is required in order to waive this fee.
- If you have more than 3 “no shows”, you may be discharged from therapy. Often times we have a waiting list for clinicians or time slots, therefore we are unable to serve other patients when clients do not show up as expected.
- Out of respect and consideration to your therapist and other customers, please plan accordingly and be on time.
Which Insurance plans do you accept?
We will file claims for most private insurance plans. Currently we are in network with the following carriers:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO, Indemnity, HMO, POS
NOTE: We encourage you to contact your insurance company concerning coverage, but as a courtesy, our practice will also review your insurance coverage and file your claim with your insurance carrier. If an insurance problem occurs, you will be asked to assist us in contacting your insurance carrier. We feel it is necessary to work together to resolve any insurance problems.
Can my child be seen for an hour or longer per session?
The answer depends on several things. First, the clinician and you will discuss whether or not your child would be productive for longer periods of time. Second, if you plan to file with a private insurance or Medicaid they may not cover the entire session (this will be based on the diagnosis and actual therapies being performed). Finally, if there is available time with the clinician, insurance is not an issue, and your child would be productive during that time, then it should not be a problem.
When Can I expect to see results?
Depending on the severity of your child and the effort put forth while away from the clinician this answer will vary. We do ask that you be patient with the clinician and give them time to figure out what will work best for your child. We commit to you that we will continue to work on techniques that we believe we yield progress. If our clinicians come to a point where progress has ceased, we will adjust appropriately.
Can I sit in on the therapy sessions?
Although each case is different, generally we do not encourage parents to be in the room while therapy is in progress.
If I am sitting in on a therapy session, what should I do?
Therapy sessions are conducted with a limited amount of time and every minute is crucial. Although the majority of time during therapy may be directly with the clinician and patient, we do encourage parent participation when prompted. The clinician must be in control of the therapy session at all times.
We ask that any questions that come up during a session be held until after therapy has concluded. Please note that our clinicians are generally visiting other patients that day and may need to schedule a separate time to discuss any in depth issues.
How do you determine which clinician will work with my child?
New patients are placed with the available clinician that has the background and skills that best meet their needs.
When do I pay?
Co-payments are accepted at the time of service. For private pay patients, packages and/or other payment options are available. Payment for evaluations are due at the time of service. If an insurance card is not provided, payment in full is required at the time of service.
What forms of payment are accepeted?
We accept personal checks, cash, Visa and MasterCard